On April 17, 2018, the Brazilian Environmental Agency (“IBAMA”) published Ordinance No. 11/2018 and Ordinance No. 12/2018 (“Ordinances”), altering the regulation of Federal Registration of Potentially Pollutant Activities and Users of Environment Resources (“CTF/APP”) and introducing new environmental instruments.
The Ordinance No. 11/2018 sets forth new rules for the enrollment in CTF/APP, such as:
- Alterations of the activities subjected to enrollment and of the hypothesis of its exemption;
- Alterations of impediment cases for the issuance of Compliance Certificate;
- Regulation of manufacturing by order and outsourced activities;
- Regulation of auxiliary activities;
- Enrollment of legal or technical responsible for the activities.
The Ordinance No. 12/2018 sets forth:
- Technical File – FTE, which is an electronic formulary, containing descriptions for the classification of potentially pollutant activities and users of natural resources;
- Glossary with legal definitions and terms for consultation and clarifications related to (i) information requested in the FTE and (ii) activities subjected to CTF/APP.
The Ordinances shall enter into force on June 29, 2018.